Situated in a warm and green city on the south coast of England, and just over an hour away from London, the University of Southampton offers a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse environment in which to study and live. The University has more than 24,600 students of which over 30% are from outside the UK representing more than 135 countries. Each year the university hosts over 150 Thai students, and the city centre holds a Thai Festival every July.
As a student, you will benefit from being taught by world-class academics at the cutting edge of their fields and who have close links to business and industry. To relax, you will have access to more than 300 clubs and societies, 13 cafes, bars and restaurants and a state-of-the-art £8.5 million sports centre complex.
The University of Southampton is ranked in the top 100 in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2021) and top 20 in the UK (The Complete University Guide, 2021). It is also ranked highly for employability - top 120 in the world’s best institutions for employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings, 2020). Companies that have partnered or work with the University of Southampton include Amazon, Air Bus, Deloitte, IBM, PwC and Rolls-Royce. Southampton’s Careers and Employability team offer a wide range of support into employment including mentoring and internship programmes, careers fairs, interview skills workshops and work experience programmes.
- The University of Southampton is ranked in the top 100 in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2021)
- Top 20 in the UK (The Complete University Guide, 2021)
- Top top 120 in the world’s best institutions for employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings, 2020)
- Southampton Business School is AACSB and AMBA accredited
- Southampton International Merit Scholarships: Automatic scholarships of up to £5000 for Bachelor's and Master's degrees
- MBA Scholarship: Automatic scholarship of up to £9000