Home to the curious, brave and bold.
We’re a university where curiosity prevails, and where exploring new ways of thinking and pushing boundaries, isn’t just encouraged, it’s expected.
We were named University of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018 for our determination to do things differently and put student success at the centre of everything we do.
We’re proud to be gold rated in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017 and we're in the top 25 for research quality in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.
We're committed to two things: excellence in teaching and excellence in research. We put student success at the heart of our mission, supporting every student from every background to achieve outstanding outcomes; preparing our students to thrive in their future lives.
- University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards 2018)
- 25th in the UK for research quality (Times Good University Guide 2019)
- Ranked 22nd for international outlook in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- Ranked top 20 in the UK for marketing (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Top 25 in the UK for politics (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Ranked 22nd in the UK for Law in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020
- Ranked top 25 in the UK for electronic engineering (Complete University Guide 2020)
The GREAT Scholarship 2021 worth £10,000 which must be used towards the cost of tuition fees for a one-year taught Master's (MA, MSc or LLM) degree in any discipline offered at the University of Essex. Students must complete the application form and submit to [email protected] by 30 April 2021.
The Essex MBA Dean’s Award offers fee discounts between 10% - 100% of tuition fee value.
You will be invited to interview as soon as possible after submitting your application. The MBA Director will assess you for a scholarship award during your interview.
During your interview, the MBA Director will be particularly looking for evidence of:
- academic merit
- work experience (quality of work experience, not simply time served)
- ideas on sustainable and entrepreneurial business
- ability to communicate experience and ideas
- plans for utilising the Essex MBA experience after the course
The award is available to students who are applying to the full-time and part-time MBA programme, provided you are funding your own studies. It is not available if you're fully or partly sponsored.
MBA Early Bird Discount worth £3,000 to students who accept their offer of a place on the full-time Essex MBA by a certain deadline. Please reach out to us to find out for further info on the deadline.
- This scholarship can be held in conjunction with an Essex MBA Dean’s Award offered at less than 50% of course fee only, it cannot be held in conjunction with an Essex MBA Dean’s Award valued at 50% course fee or more. It cannot be held in conjunction with other University of Essex scholarships, including the Alumni Loyalty Discount.
Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarship (Thailand) worth up to £5,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
- CGPA 3.5 or above --> £5,000
- CGPA 3.0 or above --> £4,000
- CGPA 2.75 or above --> £2,500