The University of Leeds, established in 1904, is one of the largest Universities in the UK, with more than 38,000 students from over 170 different countries. Leeds offers a huge selection of degree courses across seven faculties, as well as English language, study abroad, International Foundation Year and Summer School opportunities. A member of the Russell Group, Leeds is ranked in the top 100 universities in the QS World University Rankings 2021, and is in the top 40 most international universities in the world in 2019 according to the Times Higher Education. The University of Leeds is the Top 10 most targeted university by graduate recruiters in the UK (The Graduate Market in 2019, High Fliers Research) and students enjoy plenty of opportunities and support to boost their employability. Leeds is a lively, student-friendly and multicultural city in the centre of the UK, with the University campus just a 10-minute walk from the city centre. Leeds has everything you would expect from the UK’s third-largest city and is surrounded by beautiful, accessible countryside - it is well connected both nationally and internationally, and is the 2nd largest business centre in the UK after London. University accommodation is guaranteed for international students for the duration of their studies who apply before the deadline. Leeds are investing millions of pounds each year into campus facilities to ensure that students enjoy a first-class environment – from brand new laboratories and lecture theatres to some of the largest and most impressive libraries in the UK. The Edge is Leeds' state-of-the-art fitness, sport and well-being facility, which includes a 25m, eight lane swimming pool and one of the largest fitness suites of any UK university. The award-winning Leeds University Union is one of the best and most active students’ unions in the country, with more than 300 student-led clubs and societies available to join. We look forward to telling you more about Leeds if you have any questions, and wish you all the best for your future studies in the UK! To speak to current students of Leeds, and enjoy Blogs and experience online information events, please visit Link to Leeds: www.leeds.ac.uk/linktoleeds
- Leeds is ranked in the top 100 universities in the QS World University Rankings 2021.
- We were The Times and The Sunday Times’ University of the Year in 2017 and are currently ranked 15th in its Good University Guide 2021.
- We are a top 10 university for research power in the UK according to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- Our staff have been awarded 25 National Teaching Fellowships – more than any other university.
- We are a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities.
- We are part of the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN), which comprises 23 research-intensive institutions spanning six continents.
- We were awarded the Queen’s Anniversary prize, the country’s highest accolade for an academic institution, in 2009 and 2011.
- In our latest audit by the Quality Assurance Agency the University received a commendation, the highest category of praise available, for our enhancement of student learning opportunities.